National Express Bus Assistant in Ankeny, Iowa
National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. National Express School (NEXS) is the home-to-school division of NELLC, which operates more than 22,500 school buses, serves more than 550 school districts in 31 states and three provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million students on a daily basis. Getting students to school safely, on time, and ready to learn® is what we do. We work tirelessly to ensure the peace of mind of those who have entrusted their children to us. Safety, above all, is the cornerstone on which we build everything. We are dedicated to ensuring children arrive to school safely and on time so they can make the most of their school day. Learn more at nellc.com.
- Assist students with entering or exiting the bus in a safe manner.
- Seat students safely using needed seat belts, car seats or wheel chair restraints, etc.
- Serve as a role model for students in demonstrating a positive attitude, good moral character, and integrity.
- Monitor passengers at all times to ensure safety regulations and student conduct rules are followed.
- Exercise student management through communication and discipline per Company policy.
- Document and report any violations or conduct concerns to appropriate authority.
- Physically assist passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency.
- Ensure that children take their belongings with them when leaving the bus.
- Assist Driver in keeping the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
- Complete all required paperwork and submit to the appropriate employee/department in a timely manner.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with fellow employees, supervisors, parents, and school personnel; always promoting company goodwill.
- Present a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Report to duty on time and perform all responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Attend all assigned training, safety meetings, and in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must meet physical and medical requirements.
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified.
- Must have a high degree of attention to detail and considerable dexterity to safely use various types of restraints, secure wheelchairs, etc.
- Ability to relate to and work well with children.
- Ability to maintain effective pupil behavior management.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy skills to work with students, fellow employees, parents, and school district personnel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and assist students when necessary.
Company name is : Durham School Services
Job: Bus Assistant US Bus
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Ankeny-Ankeny, IA
Organization United States Bus
Employee Status Regular
Job Level Driver or Bus Assistant
Job Shift Day Job
Req ID: 201030