National Express Motor Coach Operators in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Provides safe and reliable transportation service to passengers by operating position specific vehicles which may include sedans, vans, paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, transit buses, school buses, and/or motor coaches with a fixed or changing route.
- Reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance in accordance with Company procedure and does not operate an unsafe vehicle.
- Reports to duty on time and maintains assigned route on time but in a safe manner.
- Physically assists passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency.
- Immediately reports any accident or incident per Company policy.
- Exercises passenger and/or student management per Company policy.
- Informs all appropriate personnel of problems/procedures.
- Keeps the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
- Presents a neat and professional personal appearance at all times.
- Ensures vehicle is properly fueled according to facility procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork (including route change sheets, time cards, vehicle repair requests) and submits to the appropriate authority in a timely manner.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude with fellow employees, supervisors, customers, and passengers while always promoting company goodwill.
- Prepares vehicle for inclement weather conditions, including scraping or cleaning windows, applying tire chains.
- Safely and efficiently utilizes vehicle equipment, including wheelchair lifts, radios and emergency equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities for our Paratransit Drivers may apply per location requirements and include but are not limited to:
- Must have experience transporting senior and/or disabled citizens in accordance with pre-arranged appointments/schedules
- Must be able to provide individualized assistance/accommodation to senior and or disabled passengers by utilizing wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access necessary to effect a safe, secure and comfortable ride
- Must ensure that individuals with disabilities have adequate time to complete boarding or disembarking from the vehicle
- Previous experience as a Paratransit Driver recommended
- Must be at least 21 years of age; for Tennessee School Bus Drivers, must be at least 25 years of age per state law.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, all valid applicable state license and other required certifications to operate company vehicles.
- Must meet physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee, will be subject to random substance abuse screening under Company policy.
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified.
- Extensive knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and assist passengers when necessary.
- Must have a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of vehicles such as sedans, vans, paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, transit buses, school buses, and/or motor coaches.
- Must practice defensive driving at all times and avoid vehicular and industrial accidents by practicing safe driving and work habits.
- Compliance with all applicable federal, state, county, district, and contract specific Driver requirements.Equal Opportunity EmployerCompany name is : National Express TransitCompany National Express Transit
Job: Driver US Bus
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-Elmwood Place Coach
Work Locations Elmwood Place Coach (6034_Elmwood Place Coach)211 Township AveC/O Durham 6034Cincinnati, 45216
Organization United States Bus
Employee Status Regular
Job Level Driver or Bus Assistant
Job Shift Variable
Travel Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 191537