National Express Transit Bus Assistant in Franklin, Massachusetts
Bus Assistants are responsible for assisting the driver with the movement, management and care of passengers while they are being transported to an assigned destination as well as when they are boarding or leaving the vehicle in a safe manner.
Seat passengers safely using needed seat belts, car seats, wheel chair securing devices, etc.
Serve as a role model for passengers in demonstrating a positive attitude, good moral character, and integrity.
Monitor passengers at all times to ensure safety regulations and passenger conduct rules are followed.
Exercise passenger management through communication and discipline per Company policy.
Document and report any violations or conduct concerns to appropriate authority.
Physically assist passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency.
Ensure that passengers take their belongings with them when leaving the vehicle.
Assist Driver in keeping the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
Complete all required paperwork and submit to the appropriate employee/department in a timely manner.
Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with fellow employees, supervisors, and the community; always promoting company goodwill.
Present a neat and professional appearance at all times.
Report to duty on time and perform all responsibilities in a safe manner.
Attend all assigned training, safety meetings, and in-service meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities for our Paratransit Bus Assistants include but are not limited to:
Must be able to provide individualized assistance/ accommodations to passengers with disabilities
Must be able to assist individuals with disabilities boarding or disembarking from the vehicle
Monitor the welfare of passengers while the vehicle is in route
Must be able to assist with operating wheelchair lifts to assist passengers
Effectively communicates with the Driver of any issues
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must meet physical and medical requirements.
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain qualified.
- Must have a high degree of attention to detail and considerable dexterity to safely use various types of restraints, secure wheelchairs, etc.
- Ability to relate to and work well with passengers.
- Ability to maintain effective passenger behavior management.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy skills to work with passengers, fellow employees, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and assist passengers when necessary.
Job: Bus Assistant US Transit
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Franklin-Franklin, MA Transit
Employee Status Regular
Job Level Driver or Bus Assistant
Job Shift Day Job
Req ID: 194099